Shangri-La Singapore will present a stellar showcase of wine events with its Festival of Wines 2023 edition running 22-26 March 2023.
This March, Shangri-La Singapore will be bringing its signature wine event Festival of Wines back for the third time after the roaring success of its two previous editions. Running from 22 to 26 March 2023, Festival of Wines 2023 will feature seven different wine events showcasing a total of over 100 wines from across the world over the week.
Headlining this year’s highly-anticipated Festival of Wines is a ‘4-Hands Sommelier Wine Dinner’ that will feature Vincent Tan, wine director of award-winning contemporary French restaurant Odette, pouring wines alongside Shangri-La Group’s area head sommelier Britt Ng. While four-hands dinners are common, they usually feature a guest chef rather than a guest sommelier. Much less one that features two award-winning sommeliers as well!
Ng and Tan have carefully curated a wine list that to be served alongside a four-course meal by Origin Grill’s Chef de Cuisine Nathan Griffin. Among the wines featured include the 2018 Bodegas Menade La Misión and the 2011 Curlin Barrique Položaj Pocelina from Croatia’s Plavac Mali.
The events of this year’s Shangri-La Singapore Festival of Wines 2023 are:
- 4-Hands Sommelier Wine Dinner at Origin Grill – Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Iconic Wine Dinner at Shang Palace – Thursday 23 March 2023 (sold out)
- RVLT Wine Bar Pop-up at Origin Bar – Friday 24 March 2023
- Penfolds Wine Lunch at Origin Grill – Saturday 25 March 2023
- Chateau Troplong Mondot Wine Dinner at State Room – Saturday 25 March 2023
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Brunch at Origin Grill – Sunday 26 March 2023
- Wine and Cheese Masterclass at The Dutch Pavilion – Sunday 26 March 2023
“The Festival of Wines is conceptualised as an opportunity for wine lovers to come together to taste a variety of wines, discover different wine regions and producers and engage with other wine enthusiasts,” shared Britt Ng, Area Head Sommelier of Shangri-La Group.
Is the event you are eyeing is already sold out? Here’s some good news: Shangri-La Singapore intends to host a follow-up festival later this year. Called the Festival of Wines and Spirits, it’s set to be a larger scale event as well.
Follow us on Telegram to get updated on events and other spirited announcements!