- This event has passed.
BLACKADDER Whisky Tasting #5
September 5, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm$120
Fans of Japanese-style whisky should consider this Blackadder whisky tasting, which features exclusive whiskies and new make spirits from Shizuoka, Eigashima, Mars and Chichibu.
Shizuoka is a new distillery that is known for using the stills and equipment from the legendary Karuizawa distillery. It was only founded in 2016, so it doesn’t actually have any whisky; the distillery currently only releases new make spirit in very limited amounts, so these are rather hard to come by indeed. Eigashima and Mars are ‘second wave’ distilleries that have been around but came to prominence following the initial Japanese whisky boom, and at the top of the list is the highly sought after Chichibu. INTERCO-MLE founder Jeremiah Kee will also share his insights on these budding distilleries as well as topics like Japanese whisky regulations.
Featured Whiskies/New Make Spirits:
- Shizuoka New Make Spirit Upeated (Wood Fired Still) Singapore Edition 2019
- Shizuoka New Make Spirit Upeated (Karuizawa Still) Singapore Edition 2019
- Shizuoka 16mth New Make Spirit Upeated (Bourbon Cask) Singapore Edition 2019
- Eigashima 3YO (Oloroso Sherry Butt) 2014
- Mars Shinshu Peated 3YO 2013
- Chichibu 4YO (Virgin American Oak Cask) 2013
A Shizuoka Gift Set (Singapore Edition 2019) will also be available at the Blackadder whisky tasting for S$165 per set. The tasting is priced at S$120 per person and includes Japanese snacks from the kitchen.