Before descending into St Patrick’s Day madness, Irish stout brand Guinness celebrating Chinese New Year in Singapore by welcoming the Year of the Goat with various promotions to ensure that every household contain a few cans of the stout when relatives and friends come a-visiting.
Available at all major supermarkets, customers can purchase a pack of 12 x 320ml cans of Guinness at a promotional price of $36.80 (that’s just slightly over $3 a can) for this festive season. But if you really like special limited-edition packaging, some selected hypermarkets have those 12-packs packaged in a gold sleeve that come with a set of Guinness angpows. This year’s Guinness ang pows feature the traditional red Chinese decorative knots made up of plenty of Guinness pouring, and if you look closely enough you may even see a stylized hand reaching for a pint of Guinness.
The special limited-edition Chinese New Year 12-can package with free angpows also retail at the same $36.80 at the following hypermarts:
- Jurong Point Hypermart (63 Jurong West Central 3, #03-01 Jurong Point)
- AMK Hypermart (53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Hub #B2-26)
- Hyper Nex Mall (23 Serangoon Central, #03-42 Nex Mall)
- Hyper JEM (50 Jurong Gateway Road, #B1- 21/22 & B3 -01)
- Hyper Sports Hub (1 Stadium Place #01-03, Sports Hub Retail)
- Orchid Country Club (On-line)
- NTUC Fairprice Online Store
If you’re those kind of angpow collector we know some of you are, travelling all the way to those hypermarts may be worth the trip just to get the Guinness angpows. Just make sure that you put enough money in those angpows so the recipients can afford their pint of Guinness, mm k?