Leading Australian wine producer Penfolds has announced the 2017 release of The Penfolds Collection, a whopping family of 17 wines in time for the year-end festive season.
Christmas has come early for Penfolds; or at least, the wines you may want to consider to buy for that family Christmas turkey dinner have. From the entry level 2015 Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro that’s already ready for drinking with your your Christmas to the signature premium 2013 Grange meant for long-term cellaring, each individual member of the family is archetypal Penfolds and indicative of what the Treasury Wine Estates-owned South Australia-based producer can do with its sprawling estates spread across Adelaide, Coonawara, Eden Valley, Barossa Valley, and McLaren Vale.
The Penfolds Collection 2017 in full includes:
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro (S$45.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 8 Cabernet Shiraz (S$50.00)
- 2017 Penfolds Bin 51 Eden Valley Riesling (S$60.00)
- 2016 Penfolds Bin 311 Tumbarumba Chardonnay (S$60.00)
- 2016 Penfolds Bin 23 Adelaide Hills Pinot Noir (S$60.00)
- 2015 Kalimna Penfolds Bin 28 Shiraz (S$60.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 128 Coonawarra Shiraz (S$60.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 138 Barossa Valley Shiraz Grenache Mataro (S$60.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz (S$100.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon (S$100.00)
- 2016 Penfolds Reserve Bin A Chardonnay (S$110.00)
- 2014 Penfolds St Henri Shiraz (S$130.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Magill Estate Shiraz (S$185.00)
- 2015 Penfolds RWT Barossa Valley Shiraz (S$200.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Yattarna (S$200.00)
- 2015 Penfolds Bin 707 Cabernet Sauvignon (S$550.00)
- 2013 Penfolds Grange (S$890.00)
“This collection reflects a continuum of vineyard and winery effort across vintage, region and
climate,” shares Penfolds Chief Winemaker Peter Gago.
All prices stated are for standard 750ml bottles; The Penfolds Collection 2017 is available at select supermarkets and fine wine retailers in Singapore.