Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant’s Executive Chinese Chef Brian Wong has curated a 5-course Whisky menu – for the Glendronach Whisky Dinner – that combines the best aspects of both Cantonese cuisine and Scotch whisky.
The menu looks to demonstrate the versatility of Cantonese cuisine and the technique of combining various cooking styles within each dish to pair with the flavours of four Glendronach whiskies.
The 5-course menu includes the following:
- Canapés encompassing of Chilled Crab Meat with White Truffle Paste in Tart Shell; Crispy Mini Octopus with Seafood; Avocado Prawn Roll with Salmon Roe.
- Trio Platter featuring Suckling Pig with Foie Gras & Sesame; Chilled Snow Crab with Whisky Jelly & Pearl Tomato; Roast Honey Pork Char Siew, paired with the Glendronach Original 8 Years.
- Braised Morel Mushroom in Irish Duck Superior Stock with Pan-fried Irish Duck Dumpling, paired with the Glendronach Original 12 Years.
- Black Garlic Beef Tenderloin Puff and Braised Beef Cheeks with Sa-cha Sauce, paired with the Glendronach Original 18 Years.
- Wok-fried Rice with Sea Urchin & Lobster in Mini Pumpkin with Crispy Lobster wrapped in Pork Lard Net & Sea Urchin Sauce, paired with the Glendronach Original 21 Years.
The Glendronach Whisky Dinner is priced at S$ 138++ per person. The event takes place on Thursday, 20 June, 2019. Reservations are recommended.