- The Collection is available for sale to customers at Singapore’s Changi Airport
- DFS customers in Hong Kong and Macau to enjoy events and sales later in 2018
DFS Group, a leading luxury travel retailer, together with Changi Airport Group, hosted its seventh annual Masters of Wines and Spirits event in March. Over 800 guests were invited to explore and experience a variety of whiskies, wines and cognacs, over the two-day event.
Event highlights included a whisky panel with DFS Group’s Director of Spirits Frederik Vanden Bulcke and experts from John Dewar & Sons, Bunnahabhain, Bruichladdich and The Kyoto Distillery. There were also two masterclasses hosted by The Balvenie Malt Master David C. Stewart MBE, and Rufus Beazley from Chateau Latour Asia Pacific.
Balvenie’s David Stewart introduced and spoke about the Balvenie DCS Compendium, a handover of his 50+ years of knowledge in both written and liquid form. David personally selected 25 rare and personally significant vintage single cask whiskies, created themes (called Chapters) for each set of 5 bottles and is releasing them over five years. Chapters 1 and 2 were released in 2015 and 2016 with a focus on the Balvenie distillery style and the influence of oak on the whisky respectively . The current chapter 3 was introduced in 2017 and is a story about the whisky stock. When complete, the the Balvenie DCS Compendium would have served to capture David’s achievement and contribution to his whisky-making craft.
This year, the 2018 Masters of Wine and Spirits Collection lists 54 leading whiskies, wines and Cognacs including the:
- Louis XIII Le Jeroboam with T.T. Trunks Paris
- Jean-Paul Camus 1945 Private Reserve
- Harlan Estate Double Magnum 100 Point Trifecta
- Pavillon Blanc du Chateau Margaux 2010 Double Magnum
- Octomore 8.2 by Bruichladdich
- The DFS exclusive Rare Cask Reserve Araid 18 Years Old 0.7L by William Grant & Sons
- Cask-aged Kyoto Dry Gin 2nd Edition by Ki Noh Bi
- Craigellachie 24yo Small Batch Exceptional Cask by Craigellachie
- Dalmore Luceo
- The DFS exclusive Highland Park Single Cask Series 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Single Cask #1476 Mizunara Heads by Malt Chichibu
The 2018 Masters of Wines and Spirits Collection is available for purchase at Singapore’s Changi Airport and later in the year at T Galleria by DFS in Hong Kong and Macau.