Odette is Singapore’s sole representative in World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022, on a competitive list that saw Copenhagen’s Geranium claim the top spot.
Announced at an awards ceremony in London earlier this week was the latest World’s 50 Best Restaurants annual list, where Copenhagen, Denmark’s contemporary Scandinavian restaurant Geranium was named as the world’s best restaurant.
Geranium replaces last year’s winner Noma (also from Copenhagen) on the top spot; the latter was elevated to The World’s 50 best of the best Hall of Fame, joining the likes of El Bulli and El Celler de Can Roca from Spain, France’s Mirazur, UK’s The Fat Duck, and Eleven Madison Park from USA on that even more vaunted list.
Geranium leads Europe’s gastronomic scene in dominating the rankings, with the continent’s restaurants taking 28 spots altogether, including five in the top ten. Asia takes just seven spots, led by Tokyo’s Den at No.20. Singapore’s leading light, contemporary French restaurant Odette, drops from No.8 in 2021 to land at No.36 this year.
Other Asia representatives include Bangkok’s Sorn, Asia’s highest new entry at No.39, and La Cime from Osaka, which enters the top 50 for the first time at No.41. La Cime was on the secondary list at No.76 last year.
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 (Top 50) full award list:
- Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Central (Lima, Peru)
- Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain)
- Diverxo (Madrid, Spain)
- Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Asador Etxebarri (Atxondo, Spain)
- A Casa do Porco (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Lido 84 (Gardone Riviera, Italy)
- Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
- Maido (Lima, Peru)
- Uliassi (Senigallia, Italy)
- Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
- Don Julio (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Reale (Castel di Sangro, Italy)
- Elkano (Getaria, Spain)
- Nobelhart & Schmutzig (Berlin, Germany)
- Alchemist (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
- Den (Tokyo, Japan)
- Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
- Septime (Paris, France)
- The Jane (Antwerp, Belgium)
- The Chairman (Hong Kong, China)
- Frantzén (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
- Hof Van Cleve (Kruishoutem, Belgium)
- Le Clarence (Paris, France)
- St. Hubertus (San Cassiano, Italy)
- Florilège (Tokyo, Japan)
- Arpège (Paris, France)
- Mayta (Lima, Peru)
- Atomix (New York, USA)
- Hiša Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia)
- The Clove Club (London, UK)
- Odette (Singapore, Singapore)
- Fyn (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Jordnær (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Sorn (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)
- La Cime (Osaka, Japan)
- Quique Dacosta (Denia, Spain)
- Boragó (Santiago, Chile)
- Le Bernardin (New York, USA)
- Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
- Belcanto (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Oteque (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Leo (Bogotá, Columbia)
- Ikoyi (London, UK)
- SingleThread (Healdsburg, USA)
Among the ancillary awards given out the ceremony included the Beronia World’s Best Sommelier, a title that was given to Josep Roca, sommelier and co-owner of El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain.
In an earlier announcement, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants unveiled its top 51-100 winners. Singapore restaurants named to the secondary list included Zén (No.70), Burnt Ends (No.94), and Meta (No.95). Burnt Ends previously debuted in the top 50 last year at No.34.
“We are delighted to announce the list of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 and to celebrate Geranium as the new No.1. Rasmus Kofoed, Søren Ledet and their team have created an unforgettable dining experience, taking seasonal cooking to superlative heights and delivering precise, beautiful and elegant food that combines art and flavour alongside a ground-breaking drinks programme. Geranium has cemented its status as a global culinary destination and a much-deserved winner of the coveted title, The World’s Best Restaurant 2022,” said William Drew, Director of Content for The World’s 50 Best Restaurants.
“It is also very exciting to recognise this diverse list of restaurants spread across five continents and to see this vibrant culinary community coming together to celebrate in London,” Drew added.
Follow us on Telegram to get updated on events and other spirited announcements!