If you’re looking forward to the upcoming inaugural Singapore Cocktail Week that’s happening from 7 to 14 March, you might like to know that organizers Curated Events has announced that the event’s opening party on 7 March will take place at Tanjong Beach Club.
The kickoff party will see the rare – and only – opportunity during the entire week of cocktail carousing to catch all 10 of the visiting international guest bartenders at one time in one place. The beachfront sunset party at Tanjong Beach Club can get a first-hand – first-taste? – preview of the signature drinks 9 of the best cocktail bars will be showcasing during the week (at just $10 nett each), and meet the award-winning guest bartenders brought into Singapore from London, New York, Melbourne, India and Hong Kong, courtesy of presenting sponsor William Grant & Sons.
Guest bartenders include:
- Nathan Beasley, Black Pearl & The Attic (Melbourne), Australian Bartender Magazine’s ‘Bartender of The Year’ 2014 and winner of the Havana Club Cocktail Grand Prix Australia 2014,
- Dean Callan, Monkey Shoulder Global Brand Ambassador, who bagged notable awards including China’s Bartender of the Year 2008 and Cosmopolitan Bartender of the Year 2007,
- Evelyn Chick (Toronto), Auchentoshan Regional Champion Canada 2014,
- Ivar de Lange, Demain (Nijmegan, Holland), multiple award winner including Best Bartender for the 2014 Golden Bow Tie Awards,
- Roman Foltan, Artesian, Langham Hotel (London), named by Forbes magazine this year as one of its “30 under 30” most talented young people,
- Igor Hadzismaljovic, Macau Trading Company/ Employees Only/ EO Brands (New York), co-founder of Employees Only, winner of World’s Best Cocktail Bar and World’s Best Drinks Selection at the 2011 Tales of the Cocktails, Spirited Awards,
- Nick Koumbarakis, The Alchemist Says (South Africa), Diageo Reserve World Class South Africa (2013) winner,
- Raveen Misra, The Good Life Project (formerly partner of Nektar, Singapore) (India), two-time winner of the Diageo World Class Singapore (Ketel One Challenge) Champion, in 2011 and 2012,
- Steve Schneider, Employees Only, New York, winner of several awards including the 2012 Cocktail World Cup, and
- Amanda Wan, The Envoy (Hong Kong), first female bartender to clinch the winning title at the DIAGEO World Class Bartender of the Year Competition in Athens, 2010.
You can also catch them at selected participating bars and pop-ups where they will be guest bartending.
In addition to sampling signature drinks from these 30 bars at $14++ each, wristband-holders will get a 10% discount to over 20 workshops showcasing the craftsmanship and talent of our cocktail scene. From cocktail-making 101 to cocktail philosophies, best whiskies for cocktails and learning how to incorporate local flavours into one’s cocktails, the workshops will be eye-opening experiences with tips from the crème de la crème of our bartenders, including tastings of their cocktails.
Follow the Singapore Cocktail Week on social media by following its official Twitter and Instagram accounts @SGCocktailWeek with the hashtags #SGCocktailWeek, #SGCW2015.
Wristband-holders will also enjoy a 10% discount to cocktail tours, specially packaged for participants to explore and experience the diversity of Singapore’s cocktail scene. Led by industry experts William Grant & Sons and some of the best bartenders from around the world, these will be no ordinary bar crawls as attendees get up close and personal with the celebrity guest bartenders and observe the differences between various styles of mixed drinks and atmosphere to discover how bartenders and owners of Singapore’s best cocktail bars shape our unique bar scene.
See the full list of events happening during the week here: www.singaporecocktailweek.com.sg. Festival-goers can purchase tickets (a set of eight wristbands in different colours, one for each day of the week) online here. Wristband sets will also be available for purchase at participating bars from 26 February 2015.