vOilah! France Singapore Festival 2021 is a month-long celebration of everything French, including a series of wine-related programmes.
vOilah! is back! Organised by the Embassy of France in Singapore, the highly anticipated annual France Singapore Festival is a celebration of all things French with a programme lineup that covers everything from culture and science to education and lifestyle. vOilah! France Singapore Festival 2021 will take place from 3 November to 10 December this year, with some 50 different programmes in its event lineup.
Culture hounds would appreciate ‘Le Petite Prince – A Musical Journey’, an orchestral adaptation by French composer Thierry Huillet of the beloved philosophical tale Le Petit Prince, or they may love to catch prominent French pianist Cédric Tiberghien for ‘L’isle Joyeuse’, a solo recital of three brilliant classics.
If you’re into gastronomy and the world of French wine, you’re in luck. vOilah! France Singapore Festival 2021 features a slew of culinary events that will excite both the gourmand and the oenophile.
Here are some food- and wine-related events at vOilah! France Singapore Festival 2021 we think sound like absolute fun:
- A Chocolate Journey with Laurent Bernard Chocolatier (13-22 November)
- Three Cocktail Flight with ATLAS (3 November – 10 December)
- Wine Dinners: When France Meets Singapore (9, 16, 23 & 30 November)
- Sustainable Fish Dinner with Wine Pairing at Clos Pasoh (9, 16, 23, 30 November & 7 December)
- Sundays at ATLAS: French Edition (14 November)
- Fine Dining Experience Around Sustainability with Chef Thibault Chiumenti at St Regis Singapore (17 November)
- Natural Wines Workshop by Drunken Farmer (17, 18, 19, 24 & 26 November and 1, 2 & 3 December)
- French Gin Masterclass at ATLAS (18 & 20 November)
- There’s No Accounting For Taste (8 December)
“The 2021 edition of vOilah! France Singapore Festival will see a return to in-person events for most of our programmes thanks to the ‘Covid Resilience’ strategy in Singapore and the implementation of the Vaccinated Travel Lane between our two countries,” shared His Excellency Marc Abensour, Ambassador of France to Singapore. “The festival highlights again the excellence, diversity, and innovation that characterise France and Singapore’s bilateral relationship, whilst supporting more than ever the local cultural scene.”
“We are also proud that this year’s festival also aims to be the first carbon-neutral festival in Singapore,” Abensour added.
In line with its renewed focus on sustainability this year, vOilah! is presenting a series of ten programmes centred around sustainability, climate change and biodivsersity. The theme on sustainability, especially when it comes to food, is a timely one. We’re particularly excited about the sustainable fish dinner with wine pairing at modern French brasserie Clos Pasoh with its theme of sustainability, as well as the slew of wine workshops by Drunken Farmer that will look at natural, organic, sustainable and biodynamic wines.
vOilah! France Singapore Festival 2021 runs from 3 November to 10 December. To view the full festival programme and purchase tickets, visit voilah.sg.
Follow us on Telegram to get updated on new events!