Looking for delicious cocktail recipes to mix up and impress Dad with some cocktails for Father’s Day? We have these four cocktails for you.
by Pooja Khandelwal, Content Marketing Lead at ValueChampion
Father’s Day is this weekend. With dine-in restrictions in place, bringing the family out to celebrate the occasion is not possible so chances are you’re ordering in something special to be delivered to your home, or you’re going to be cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
And aside from getting Dad a nice Father’s Day gift, how about working some mixology magic and make a few drinks to celebrate with him?
Here are four delicious cocktail recipes for when you want to pull out all the stops on 20 June:
In case you haven’t heard of it, Pickleball is a paddleball sport that combines elements of badminton, table tennis, and tennis. Like the sport, the drink is just as fun. A Pickerball cocktail is perfect for the dad who doesn’t take himself too seriously and knows how to have a good time.
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 0.5 oz. lime juice
- 0.5 oz dill pickle juice
- Ginger beer
- Dill spear, gherkin or lime wedge
- Shake the Irish whiskey, lime juice, and pickle juice with ice
- Top with ginger beer
- Pour into a rocks glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge, gherkin or dill spear
Feel like you and dad need a vacation? This fruity, refreshing cocktail lets both of you getaway. Mezcal is the national spirit of Mexico and just like tequila, it is also made from piña (core) of the agave plant. Even though tequila and mezcal share the same roots, there’s a key difference. Tequila is made from a specific agave plant and whereas mezcal can be created from any type of agave. Technicalities aside, this blueberry mezcalita is just the right fruity, refreshing afternoon escape for you and dad.
- 2 oz. mezcal
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 Oz. Sprite
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 2 Slices of lime
- 4 mint leaves
- Mint leaves and blackberry for garnish
- Using a pestle for cocktails, macerate the green lime, blueberries, and mint leaves until well mixed
- Stir in the ice cubes, cranberry juice, Sprite, mezcal
- Garnish with the blackberry and mint leaves
If you have a coffee-loving dad, he will surely enjoy an Espresso Martini. Typically, these drinks are cold, coffee-flavored cocktails made with vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, and sugar syrup. Our version is a little different as it doubles as a dessert.
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. espresso
- 1 oz. orange/chocolate syrup
- Chocolate and orange zest for garnish
- Add the ingredients into a shaker with ice
- Shake until the drink turns frothy
- Fine-strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with orange zest and chocolate
The Royal Treatment
We’ve saved the best for last. The Royal Treatment cocktail was created by bartender Al DiMartino at White Mountain Hotel in New Hampshire. Lavender with hints of fruit, this cocktail is a sight for the eyes and makes for the perfect Father’s Day drink.
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 3 oz. white cranberry juice
- Dash of sparkling wine
- Kiwi, berries, and mint for garnish
- Combine and stir the gin, white cranberry juice, sparkling wine, and ice
- Use pieces of kiwi, berries, and mint for garnish
Pooja Khandelwal, Content Marketing Lead at ValueChampion, is responsible for executing sponsored content projects, building relationships with media partners, and evaluating financial products for consumers. Her prior work experience includes working at eCommerce, AI, and B2B SaaS startups in Singapore. Pooja has published articles on The Straits Times, Her World, Singapore Business Review, and more. Connect with her on LinkedIn to collaborate on content.