Singapore Food Festival 2022 takes place from 24 August to 11 September and offers over 70 gastronomic experiences including a Festival Village with over 25 participating dining establishments.
One of Singapore’s largest food shows, the annual Singapore Food Festival (SFF), comes back this year with the return of full in-person events for the first time since the pandemic. Running from 24 August to 11 September, Singapore Food Festival 2022 will showcase an entire buffet spread of different dining experiences for local and visiting gastrophiles alike.
The theme this 29th edition of SFF is cheekily-titled “Real Foodies Only”. Activities this year include a Festival Village at Marina Bayfront with over 25 food establishments offering a delicious array of both traditional and inventive takes on Singaporean cuisine, along a slew of culinary workshops led by some of Singapore’s best and brightest culinary talents.
Outside of the village proper, partner restaurants will be showcasing SFF-exclusive menus to titillate your tastebuds, as well as various fringe activities supporting the main event.
Singapore Food Festival 2022 Programme Highlights
Expect to find over 25 food establishments at the SFF 2022 Festival Village that will run from 31 August to September 2022.
- Vendors include newly-minted Michelin Bib Gourmand stall One Prawn & Co, Singapore food truck The Goodburger, veteran chef and MasterChef Singapore judge Damian D’Silva’s modern Eurasian eatery Rempapa, and yet-to-open Jelebu Dry Laksa (pictured above), among others;
- Onsite culinary workshops such as a spice blending masterclass with Jeya Spices, a chocolate appreciation workshop with local brand Fossa Chocolate, and an ice cream making experience with The Ice Cream & Cookie Co, for example;
- A Chef Arena that will present a special nine-course dinner created by top culinary masters featured in SFF 2022’s virtual masterclasses, complete with a Martell Noblige cocktail created by Juan Yi Jun, the head bartender of No Sleep Club.
First introduced in 2020 during the first-ever virtual Singapore Food Festival, these virtual experiences include online masterclasses hosted by esteemed local and international chefs showing you how to create Singapore-inflected dishes in the comforts of your own home.
Virtual masterclasses include:
- Chef Damian D’Silva (pictured below) will demonstrate how to make his grandmother’s Peranakan fish cake recipe;
- Chef Daniel Sia of The Coconut Club will show you how to put together otak-otak udang;
- Michelin-starred Labyrinth‘s Chef Han Li Guang will collaborate with Chef Thitid ‘Ton’ Tassanakajohn of Bangkok’s Le Du to make pepper crusted pork cheek “bak kut teh”; and more.
A virtual marketplace also allows Singapore residents to purchase food kits to follow and put together dishes during these masterclasses.
Exclusive SFF Menus
Singapore Food Festival 2022 has partnered various restaurants across Singapore to offer special menus and dishes during the festival. For a limited-time, diners visiting these partner restaurants can get to taste special creations that challenge their creativity yet allow them to pay tribute to authentic Singapore flavours.
Examples include Curry Nation, a bagel sandwich from Two Men Bagel House that draws inspiration from the curries of Singapore’s various ethnic groups, and an Indian Fried Chicken Sandwich from Park Bench Deli. From RAPPU is a Black Pepper Crab Roll, while Mezcla has created a Nasi Lemak Taco in collaboration with Dickson Nasi Lemak. From Tanglin Cookhouse? A D24 Durian Croissant.
One experience not to be missed? Steeple’s Deli x Park Bench Deli, which sees the soon-to-move out pioneering sandwich shop partner with its contemporary for an exclusive pop-up on 4 September. Pastrami and corned beef sandwiches paired with beer? Count us in!
Held during Singapore Food Festival 2022 are two key ancillary events: Feed9Billion Singapore Restaurant Week – with an eye on the topic of food sustainability – and Singapore Vegan Festival 2022.
SFF 2022 will also be bringing Singapore’s vibrant food culture beyond our shores.
In the United Kingdom, KEK Seafood will be collaborating with UK-based burger chain Honest Burger on a Cereal Chicken Burger, inspired by the iconic local cereal prawns zichar dish. Paired with the burger is a limited-edition collaborative craft beer created by UK’s Northern Monk brewery with local craft beer label Off Day Beer.
Across the Causeway in Malaysia there will be a number of pop-ups in August across select bars and restaurants in Klang Valley.
“The Singapore Food Festival has always been a celebration of our multi-cultural local cuisine, and a global platform for our chefs, bartenders and food personalities. As international travel resumes, we are excited to bring SFF back to its usual format,” shared Teyi Guo, Director, Retail & Dining, Singapore Tourism Board.
“Festival goers can once again immerse themselves in the richness and creativity of Singapore’s food culture and talents,” she added.
For ticketing information and the full list of Singapore Food Festival 2022 experiences, visit www.singaporefoodfestival.sg.
Follow us on Telegram to get updated on events and other spirited announcements!